Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hey! It's the Editorial Favorites of the Week!

POSTED BY SANTAPRUDENCIA
As the manager of this community, it makes me feel like a complete lame ass not to have posted anything here. I'm not at SXSW or doing anything remotely glamorous at the moment (unless you count typing on a G4 while having a heating pad stuck behind your back), but following up on RogueReporter's last post, I thought it might be mildly entertaining for KS readers or anyone who's stumbled by this site to get a few recommendations. One of my pervier fascinations with Vanity Fair is their little featurette "My Stuff", wherein semi-famous people (like hairdresser to the stars Frederick Fekkai) list off their favorite drinks, kitchen appliances, etc. We at KS, however, being po' folk, have much less glamorous lives. However, I and a lot of my cohort spend a lot of money we don't have on books, records, and, in my case, clothes and food. For more about that, you can check out my own blog. Meantime, here are a senior editor's favorite things for the week of 3/16 (oooh, tomorrow is Saint Patrick's day! the only holiday that matters):

Black and tans (1/2 Guiness, 1/2 Harp)
W.B. Yeats' "The Fascination of What's Difficult"
The Pogues, "Sally Maclennane"
Joshua Beckman, Shake, Wave Books 2006 + Joshua Beckman at Pegasus Books, 3/15/06
Joshua Clover, The Totality for Kids, UC Press Books, 2006
Style Wars as an in-class activity
Tanya Turner, lead bitch on Footballer's Wives
Project Runway nostalgia
Cal Bears men's and women's basketball teams in the NCAA finals
Hoodies
Walking through the mission in a sleet storm after a poetry reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home